SSU – Sir James Matthews Building
Project Description :The complete refurbishment of 12 Classrooms in an occupied building to provide new learning facility for the new summer school.
Client :Southampton Solent University
Location :Southampton, Hampshire
Architect :Southampton Solent University, Estates Technical Services Department
Contract Value :£124k
Procurement/contract :JCT Minor Works Contract 2011
Contract Period :6 Weeks
Project Key Features:
- Complete strip out and refurbishment of twelve existing classrooms.
- Replacement suspended ceiling including installation and rewiring for new energy efficient LED lighting.
- Re-configuration of power and data to provide new interactive whiteboards to each classroom.
- Complete decoration of all communal areas and classrooms, including feature wall effect.
- Replacement carpet with corresponding stripped feature to match wall finish.