Southampton Solent University Herbert Collins Building
Project Description :Refurbishment and Alterations to Herbert Collins Building
Client :Southampton Solent University
Location :Southampton, Hampshire
Architect :Southampton Solent University
Contract Value :£640k
Procurement/contract :JCT Minor Works Building Contract with Contractors Design 2011
Contract Period :12 Weeks
Project Key Features:
- Complete strip out of the whole ground and first floor teaching, office and lecture areas.
- Carry out major alterations and full refurbishment to create 19 Specialist Teaching Spaces, 13 Offices and 4 Meeting Rooms. Including:
- Life Drawing Studio
- Photography Studios
- Kitchen & Printer Room
- Art Foundation Rooms
- Seminar Rooms
- CAD Labs
- Beauty & Body Labs
- Hair & Make Up Studios
- Fashion Cutting Rooms
- ICT Hub
- The design and installation of new air conditioning and bespoke Daikin ventilation system, fully integrated to the Building Management System.
- The complete rewiring and installation of new power, data and new energy efficient LED lighting.
- Alterations and upgrading of fire alarm system.