Southampton Solent University - Sir John Everett Millais Building Window Replacement & External Refurbishment
Project Description :Window Replacements and External Refurbishment Work to the Sir John Everett Millais Building
Client :Southampton Solent University
Location :Southampton, Hampshire
Architect :Southampton Solent University
Contract Value :£160k
Procurement/contract :JCT Minor Works Building Contract with Contractors Design 2011
Contract Period :12 Weeks
Project Key Features:
- Erection of designed access scaffolding.
- Asbestos removal works
- Detailed design of the windows and curtain walling for fabrication and installation
- Installation of bespoke aluminium framed double glazed windows and curtain walling to the front and side elevations of SJM building
- Extensive brickwork repairs and repointing
- Installation of new Marley Equitone Natura rainscreen cladding to 3 elevations including new supportive studwork and installation of GRP edge trim to form waterproof detail.
- External lighting alterations to illuminate building entrance and footpath.
- Full external and partial internal decorations